Tuesday 8 November 2011

"Run Fat boy Run!"

I wanted to go out on my bike tonight. As I walked home from work the desire to go out was reducing as the damp cold weather got worse. I know at this point "the coach" will be getting ready to berate me for my weakness, but after a busy day at work, and the miserable weather, by the time I got in the last thing I was ready to do was risk dropping my gorgeous bike on the damp slippery tarmac.
But, I had a health check at work today, and although I was very happy with my blood pressure and resting heart rate, (49 after running up two flights of stairs as I was late!!) I still have a lot of work to do to get my BMI into the right range.
So, I decided that if I wasn't going to ride my bike I had to do something to get the heart pumping and burn a few calories. I dug around in the cupboard for my trainers, got changed and set off. I have always had a problem with running. I have suffered from shin splints in the past, and I find it hard to regulate my breathing, especially in the cold. The last time I ran was a few months ago taking part in a 5k organised by work, which I walked half of!! Tonight was a nice surprise. My legs, and specifically my shins, didn't hurt, and after a few minutes my breathing became easier, and I got into a comfortable pace. I wont be winning any races, or thinking of triathlons yet, but it will certainly help to mix up the training this winter, and hopefully help me reach my target weight by February.

Tonight's RUN details (for your amusement!!): http://connect.garmin.com/activity/127422105

No comments:

Post a Comment