Tuesday 17 January 2012

A cold ride tonight.

Tonight's ride was a very sociable group ride. Paul, Dave and Phil joined me for a cold loop round to Heswall and then back through  West Kirby and Moreton. The average temp was just over 3 degrees, and the roads were quite damp, which led to some sketchy cornering and descending, especially over man hole covers!
Phil told us that when he peeled off from the Saturday club ride with Stan this weekend, they hit a patch of black ice and both came off. Fortunately neither was seriously injured, and luckily Stan didn't damage his recently operated on knee!!! So with this in mind we were mindful of the road conditions!

I was chatting to Paul about a book he has bought, "The Time Crunched Cyclist" by Chris Carmichael, Lance Armstrong's coach. Paul thinks it will be able to give me some good tips on getting ready for the Ten Minutes of Hell! At this point, 32 days from the event, I am going to take all the help there is, so Amazon is now one copy lighter! I will let you know how well it has worked.



More exciting news on the Kit front, I ordered my new Helmet and Shoes today. As usual I have changed my mind over and over, but finally decided to go for these from Vita Cycles.


Giro Aeon
DMT Prisma


Hopefully I won't have to wait too long to get my head and feet into them, it's all about marginal gains now!!

We are planning to go out again on Thursday night, same sort of distance, meeting at the 12th Man on Greasby road at 7.45ish everyone welcome.

Tonight's Ride details: http://app.strava.com/rides/3420563

No comments:

Post a Comment