Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Future is Strava!

I have stumbled across a new logging site, http://www.strava.com/ It is a free site, with an option to upgrade to premium if you need more stats!! (Claire is not too keen on that option!!)

On first impressions it looks very impressive, with all the data that is found on the Garmin Conect logger, and more. It also shows climb %, and a basic power and energy formula. The layout is easy to follow, and the pages well laid out.
The best element I think is the ability for riders to share info with each other, and the ability to see how well you have ridden on categorised climbs. A good incentive to push me up the hills, especially as Grange Road, my nemesis in West Kirby is on there!!!
I have set up a Team Vita Club page already, which members of the team can join, and then all our club rides, future races and individual training rides will all be in one place for everyone to see and analyse, especially the coach!!! All Garmin users can upload direct from your device, and iPhone and Android mobile users can download a free app that logs your ride and uploads to the site.

To check out what it looks like, click on the link at the top of the Blog. (It doesn't show on mobiles, so you need to read the Blog from a PC.)

While I am testing this site I will not add a link to Garmin for ride details, you can access the info from the widget on the Blog. Please let me know what you think. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment