Thursday 28 March 2013

A day at Adidas with Sir Dave, Laura and Jason!

When James, editor of Spin Cycle Magazine, asked me to go to Adidas HQ in Stockport to attend the Launch of their new Cycling range and then interview Laura Trott and Jason Kenny after watching them talk to Cycling Commentator Anthony McCrossan with Sir Dave Brailsford, you can imagine my response!
Even as I was driving to Stockport this morning, I still couldn't quite believe it was happening.
I am not going to say too much about the day, as the whole point of the trip was to get the interviews and information about the kit for a future issue of the magazine, but it was absolutely brilliant! I was like a kid in a sweet shop, being able to talk cycling to people who wanted to talk cycling!

Here are a few photos, taken on my phone from today, there will be more with the interviews in the Magazine when it is published in a couple of months.

Anthony McCrossan Interviewing Sir Dave Laura and Jason

The Lads from Adidas convinced me it was a good idea to join them in a race on a Wattbike. What they hadn't said was that one of them competed in Iron Man races and another raced TT's. I didn't do too bad though, I was Rider 1
( I didn't come last!)
 My stats for the 200m sprint surprised me, as I have never had my power measured. I was quite pleased to have an average power of 752w with a Max of 1094 and an average speed of 60.4kph and a top speed of 69.4kph.
After the Interviews Laura and Jason had to do a photo shoot. 

It looks like I have concentrated just on Laura, but Jason was doing his shots while I was interviewing Laura!
The next issue of the magazine is out in a couple of days, you can access it via the tab at the top of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment