Sunday 5 February 2012

Tunnel Test take 3

Only two weeks to go to the Ten Minutes of Hell Tunnel Time Trial. I have spent the week pushing bigger gears on the hills and was looking forward to seeing what difference it had made to my time in the tunnel.
It took a lot of motivation to get out this morning. All the weather sites and apps were saying it was 4degrees but the road didn't seem to agree!


Ian and I were joined today by Paul and Dave B. As we rode out towards Birkenhead I suffered another mechanical on the front Mech! I'm sure the steel used in bolts isn't as good as it used to be!!! I decided to carry on and spin in the small ring, at least It would give my legs a workout! My tunnel time was a bit slower than the last few times but not by too much. The training this week seems to be working even when I only have half the gears. 

When we were in the Tunnel another cyclist, on a full TT bike passed us, and when we got to the end of the tunnel he was there with his coach. We chatted for a while and discovered it was Ryan Mullen. Ryan rides for Planet X, check out their website to see what we are up against, http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/news/teams-and-riders ( we think he probably did the Tunnel in sub ten minutes today, with the wrong gearing on the bike!)

Ian did another lap of the Tunnel and Paul Dave and I headed back via West Kirby to get 20 miles in the bag for the week. Even though the temp was a lot warmer than yesterday, the side roads hadn't cleared by the time I got home. 




I have updated my Diary page, and I am happy to say that I am back up to, nearly, 100 miles a week average and the weight is still coming off, slowly! If I can keep up the weekly mileage through winter summer riding and sportives should be great. 




No comments:

Post a Comment